Monday 22 April 2013

ARGO SEE SCARY MOVIE FIVE

Just seen two films. One won lots of Oscars, the other will not win any.   Argo is a true story and a good one.   It's basically about real people pretending to be actors to save their lives during the Iran crisis, although if you think about it, it's actors pretenting to be real people pretending to be actors.

In real life it was the Canadian government who got the credit for saving the six members of the American embassy who found themselves stranded in 2003.   Until now of course, because this film has been released. Now of course we know that the Americans, together with Hollywood saved these unfortunate people.   A cynical view would be this is why the information was 'desensitized' recently so that the true story could be told...by Hollywood.   No wonder Hollywood gave it an Oscar.    Just wonder how many stories are still considered sensitive showing how the Americans and Hollywood screwed up big time.

Scary Movie Five my son wanted to see so I went, not willingly, but I went. It's very funny and in some places very very funny, as in I found myself giggling and laughing not wanting to (coz I've done something to my shoulder and something to my knee which means I can't run or do yoga at the moment - and it hurts when I laugh so there was pleasure and pain in watching). It takes the proverbial out of Paranormal series, The House in the Woods, The Planet of the Apes and even Fifty Shades which did make me giggle and hurt at the same time which seemed somehow appropriate.   Oh yes, and the films Inception and Black Swan.  There's another bit to do with the book of evil and a cliff but I don't know that film.  Perhaps it was called 'mama on a cliff' or something.

There's a scene with the nanny and the dad on a lawn which is hilarious. Another with a black lap dancing pole dancing swan and a dream sequence to do with Fifty Shades which makes me want to read the book (almost). The nanny steals the show although there are cameo performances from lots of 'names'.  It's very teenage humour. Go see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment